Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tennessee Deer

We all hear about the number of deer they have in Texas. We all hear about how big the deer are in Michigan. The stories about the massive herds in Kentucky.
Well I don't have any big tales to tell   about our deer here in Tennessee, or do I?

I was born and raised in Mt. Morris Michigan for 38 years and let me tell you the deer hunting was great !
At least that's what I thought at the time. I moved my family to Cookeville, Tennessee around 1993 and thought my deer hunting days were over. To my surprise I was wrong. I was way wrong ! There are deer everywhere .

We have some big deer but most are only about 2/3 the size of Michigan deer. We have so many deer in Tennessee that we can harvest somewhere around 10 deer a year.

We have a very healthy herd and we intend on keeping it that way. Our deer are harvested mainly for food and not trophy. Sure its nice to hang a 10 point on the wall but I assure you the meat went into the freezer before the head was put on the wall.

I guess what I'm trying to get across to you is that no matter where you hunt and no matter where you call home, take care of your wildlife and it will take care of you. Don't worry about what they have in Texas or Michigan or anywhere else as far as that goes. Be proud of what you have right there at home and treat your own outdoors like it was the best in the world.

Don't waist your wildlife resources ! If your not going to eat it then don't kill it. Put it in the freezer or do like I do and make it all into venison jerky.  You will be amazed at how fast jerky made from big game will be consumed . Check us out at   100% pure venison  and learn how to put this years harvest into jerky.

No comments: